Sports have been a significant part on my life from a young age, so naturally I grew to love sports quickly.
I don’t love sports for one simple reason, rather many. I love sports for what it represents, for the memories they hold and the friendships it builds. Sports unite us and brings out the best in us.
I have a passion for sports and believe they make us courageous, confident, and strong. It teaches us about perseverance, hard work, and the value of both victories and upsets.
Observing athletes emotion and passion for sport, allows me to admire sports even more. Coaching fulfills this. It drives me to work on improving my own athletic ability and expand my knowledge for myself and to share with others.
To me coaching is an open forum between athlete and coach. A forum that fosters growth, achievement and passion in an athletic environment.
I have been involved in the sport of triathlon since 2012. After entering my first race on a dare, I was hooked. I was a childhood summer swimmer and figure skater. With the swimming backdrop it was an easy transition to triathlon. I started with shorter events and worked my way up to longer distances, completing my second Ironman in 2019.
In 2017 I attained my NCCP certification as a triathlon adult community coach. I am eager to learn more and bring my experience as an athlete to the coaching realm as well.
Outside of triathlon, I am a partner in a successful accounting firm, Scase & Partner Chartered Professional Accountants.
- ToolShed Duathlon (2021)
- Ironman Canada 140.6 (2019, 2017)
- Ironman Calgary 70.3 (2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015)
- Ironman Victoria 70.3 (2019, 2018)
- Lake Chaparral Sprint (2018, 2017, 2016)
- Chinook Long Distance (2021)
- Chinook Triathlon Olympic (2019, 2017)
- HITS Palm Sprints 70.3 (2015)
- Wasa Triathlon Sprint & Olympic (2015, 2014)
- Alberta Swimrun Beach Blaster (Full 2019, Full 2018)
- 10 Mile tri (2020, 2018, 2017)
- Get Shit Done 5km (2021)
- Get Shit Done Virtual 21km (2020)
- First Responders Half Marathon (2019)
- Melissa’s Road Race 21km (2018)
- Last Chance Half Marathon (2014)
- Harvest Half Marathon (2015)
- Santa Shuffle 5km (2018)